For breakfast this morning we decided to change it up a bit and take some advice from our tour guide yesterday. We hit the Feral Pig for some breakfast.
Joe tried their kailua pork hash and I had some amazing banana bread french toast. I will have to try this at home. It was so good.
After breakfast we headed over to the Kaua'i Lagoons Golf Course. Joe played 18 holes while I drove the cart and read a book. The course was beautiful. Not a bad place to play golf.
We stopped for lunch at the clubhouse on the course. I had a very large tuna salad sandwich and Joe had a Spam Musubi, a local favorite. It's grilled spam wrapped in rice and seaweed.
Not a bad way to spend the day.
After a little rest, we headed out to dinner. A few people we know had suggested we eat dinner at the Beachhouse one night. So we tried to get a reservation, but were too late. The only openings they had for either Saturday or Sunday were after 8pm (I know it's not that late but when you are getting up at 6am, it is really late to eat dinner). Plus we wanted to watch the sunset and that would have been too late. They suggested we come and sit in the bar, which is open seating, sometime between 4:30 and 5pm. So that is what we did. We sat down at a little before 5pm and were told dinner did not start until 6pm. So we decided to sit and wait. In the meantime, we ordered some drinks.
What a view.
We did have some entertainment while we drank. There were quite a few people surfing near by.
We did end up ordering dinner where I had the most tender filet I have ever had. It was so tender and flaky you could peel it apart with your fork. It was great!
We ended up staying there for 3 hours, just eating and watching the sunset. I think we may have had the best seat in the house.
Beautiful sunset!












No comments:
Post a Comment