After school he was able to open a few presents from Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa Strutt. Then we headed out to dinner with the Weldons. He chose Red Robin. Yum.


He got to enjoy a free sundae and they sang Happy Birthday....
...which Daniel was not a fan of.
He also got to open more presents (pay no attention to the disappointed face. He is not actually disappointed, he just doesn't like to be the center of attention).
For his birthday, Josh wanted to go bowling, so Friday we invited his friend, Aaron out and took the family bowling. They all had a blast.

Then we headed home for dinner and dessert. Josh had requested a baseball cake for his birthday, so I made this.
There he is actually smiling!
He also wanted a new bike for his birthday. So Dad and him went bike shopping and Saturday and brought home this bike.
Happy 9th Birthday! I can't believe you are getting so big. I hope you have a great year.
Side note about the cake: I was trying to find a pan to make this cake but couldn't find it in a store. So, I posted on this garage sale Facebook page to see if anyone had one I could buy. I didn't find anyone selling one but a lady said I could borrow her's. She left it on her porch, I picked it up, used it and returned it back to her. There are still good, trusting people out there. You just have to know where to find them. Thanks lady I don't know for letting me borrow your cake pan.












No comments:
Post a Comment