Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving


We headed out to Des Moines this year for Thanksgiving with the Weldons. We started our trip after school on Tuesday and stopped at a hotel about halfway. The boys always love hotel sleeping. It must be fun sleeping in someone else's bed, I guess. After a good sleep for everyone, we headed back onto the road to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The boys were excited to see their cousins and get some quality dress-up time in. It's always a highlight on trips to the Weldons.



It was a nice visit with good food and great company.


Teeny, tiny wine glasses. We didn't want to over do it.


One highlight of my trip was eating INSIDE the new B-Bops right by the Weldon's house. It was very exciting!

I didn't take a lot of pictures (obviously) so hopefully I can get some copies from family. 

Thanks for the nice visit, Weldons!

It was a great trip but didn't end so well. The trip home went fine but when we walked into the house it was freezing. Literally. The thermostat read 39 degrees!!! Luckily it was an easy fix. We changed the batteries in the thermostat and the heater kicked on. (I guess next time I notice the thermostat flashing "low battery", I will remember to have Joe change it. Oops!) We dressed the boys in their warmest pajamas and covered them with lots of blankets for the night. It took a long time to heat up but it has been working ever since. I won't make that mistake again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment