Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Super Bowl Parade

Joe and I decided that if the Broncos won the Super Bowl, we would take the kids to the parade downtown. Well, they did it! So Tuesday, we excused the kids from school (along with about 25,000 other kids from the area) and trekked downtown to witness the festivities. We headed down a few hours before the parade started to make sure we beat some of the crowd. It worked. We got a great spot right behind the temporary fencing that was set up. The parade was amazing. It was fun to see all the players who appeared just as excited as everyone else. They were taking pictures and videos from the firetrucks as they went through the city. People were yelling and cheering. It was a fun atmosphere. Here are a few of the pictures I took (of course I took many more). 

The team's owner's wife with the trophy sitting next to Von Miller

Then, Payton Manning (the side of him at least) and DeMarcus Ware

Demaryius Thomas (Josh's favorite player)

The parade was a bunch of firetrucks with different people on them

Miles had a pretty sweet ride for the parade

Just us and a million of our closest friends

Add caption

We stopped for lunch at Sam's #3 diner instead of heading down to the pep rally. We had heard there were people camped out there since 5am so we didn't want to take the kids through that crowd. It was a good idea. The pictures from the news showed it was very crowded and we probably would not have been able to get close enough to see anything. Luckily, the place we stopped to eat had TVs turned on with the sound so we got to watch the whole thing while we waited to be seated.



It was a fun family outing that I'm sure the kids (and I) won't forget for a long time. I'm so glad we braved the crowds and made it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment