Sunday, September 4, 2016

Broncos 7k


A race I had heard about last year but not in enough to register and run it was the Broncos 7k. So, this year, I decided it was something I wanted to run. I recruited some others to run with me. Kerry and her two girls and Daniel all ran the race this year. 

The packet pick-up was the day before. They had a few players on hand to sign autographs for everyone.
Virgil Green
The day of the race we got there bright and early all dressed in our Broncos best.

The runners pre-race








One of the cool parts of the race was the finish. You actually got to run through the player's entrance tunnel and onto the field. The finish line was a the 50 yard line.  And it was all on the jumbotron. Very cool!


The finisher's medals were made to resemble the Broncos Super Bowl rings.




While we were all running, Joe and the other boys walked around the Health Expo that was being held at the stadium. They even got pictures with two of the Super Bowl trophies (the newest one was still getting engraved).

After the race, we got to meet some Bronco alumni and got more autographs. 


Steve Watson and Rick Upchurch


And tried on the AFC championship ring. (Notice my Broncos nails done by my niece). 

This is definitely an event I will do again!



No comments:

Post a Comment