We discovered a racing series that we wanted to try out this fall. It was six races and could either be progressive (starting at 1 mile and working your way up to 6) or a set of 6 5ks. I didn't feel like running more than 3 miles at the end so we decided to do the six 5ks. It started in the summer and we had a race every two to three weeks.
The first few races were a little rough. I had to pull him to the finish the first time.
Then we started getting better. We even placed in our age groups for a lot of the races.
After the first two, since it was the same route every time, I even let Daniel run on his own, which he loved.
In one race he even placed 2nd overall for all males in the race. All of them!
The last race, my sister Becca, was in town and wanted to run with us. I'll just pretend that her keeping pace with me even though she never trained at high altitude doesn't make me feel out of shape.
We got medals for running in all six races. Daniel had a personal best of 27:36.85. Much faster than any of my races.










No comments:
Post a Comment