Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weekend Projects

I took advantage of the fact that we had no plans this weekend (sports are over)  to do some projects around the house that I have had on the "to-do" list. Mainly hanging pictures and wall quotes. I am trying not to have the non-first-child envy and do things for the second two that I did with the first one, mainly photos. So, we have these three photos of each of the older two in frames going up the stairs. We have taken the same photos of the youngest but the frames were harder to find. I guess over three years was too long to find the same kind of frames so we were on a mission to find all brand new ones. We succeeded a few weeks ago and just got around to hanging them up. It's a lot of pictures, but hey, I have three kids.


I was also on a mission to find vinyl letters for Patrick's room. For the other two we did their names in wooden letters (which have since been destroyed by destructo, ie. Daniel) and I wanted to try something different for Patrick. I found a deal on Plum District (it's like Groupon for moms) and got one for his room and one for the hallway. I wasn't planning on getting one for the hallway but this quote fits our family perfectly so I had to get it.


Patrick's name is not up yet as we learned vinyl and textured walls don't mix. I'm not sure how long this quote will last on the wall. We plan on putting Patrick's name on painted wood and hanging that up. I'll post photos once that is done (on our next free weekend, whenever that is).


1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures up the stairs! I thought with the older boys (Josh, at least), you did them at three and six months? Did you do Patrick's early?

    ReplyDelete