Daniel is always wanting to get a balloon from the grocery store so that gave my an idea. I told him the next time we got a balloon, we would make a planet out of it using paper mache. He was very excited. So, the next time we went to the grocery store, we got a balloon and got busy. He wasn't too excited about getting messy, but I made him do it all by himself.
Then we had to wait for it to dry.
Originally it was going to be Saturn. We even checked out books from the library about Saturn so he would know what it looks like. When we went to start painting though, he decided it should be the sun. So he got busy painting it yellow and orange (again, all on his own).
Patrick wanted to paint too so I let him help me with a school project. He painted an apple red...
...for this wreath I made Daniel's teacher. Pretty cute, huh?
Here is the finished sun. He wants to make an entire solar system and hang it from the ceiling. We'll see how far he gets. Pretty crafty though.








No comments:
Post a Comment