Friday, March 16, 2018

Aunt Katie Goes to Kansas

Over Christmas, my sister, Becca, was talking about how worried she was that Mom and Dad's annual trip to Key West was right over her due date for her fourth baby. So, with a little planning, and a lot of help from Grandma and Grandpa Weldon, I volunteered to drive out for a week to help with things until Mom and Dad could get there after their trip. 

I got myself a digital book and headed out to Kansas. I spent the first few days getting used to the routine. School drop-off and pick-up. Gymnastics (which I did solo and everyone thought that meant Baby Alleman arrived). Naps. Baths. Each night we would go over the schedule for the next day with high hopes Becca and Brandon would be at the hospital. And day after day, no baby. I did my Auntly duty and spoiled the kids while I was there. They had pie on Pi day and pudding on St Patrick's Day. 😋I was starting to get worried I wouldn't get to meet the newest member of the family before I had to leave. So, on the 15th, with all the kids at school, Becca and I went out for lunch where I "suggested" she eat pineapple and spicy food and then took a loooong walk around the neighborhood before picking Jonah up from school. I'm sure it was all my suggestions that helped because I was woken up early Friday morning to  let me know they were heading to the hospital. And later that morning, I brought the kids to meet their new brother, Levi!


After naps, I took them to a park (where Jonah and Cora made fast friends so Esther and I hung out) and went home to make a sign for Levi. 





















Auntie snuggles are the best

Grilling dinner in the backyard

Matching St Patrick's Day Shirts

I also took the kids to the zoo once Levi was home to keep the house quiet for a while. It was cold so the kids didn't last long but we got to see each of their favorite animals. We even saw the rhinos attacking each other. I thought that was pretty cool.




















Then, Mom and Dad got to town so took over grandparent duties and I headed home. It was a fun trip with the Alleman. And I'm glad Levi arrived before I left.
Little Mom



Welcome to the family, Levi!



No comments:

Post a Comment