Saturday, August 9, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Me!

With Joe in Alabama, I knew I would be spending our anniversary without him. We have only missed two in our eleven years. I think that's a pretty good record. 

After we got home (finally) from Alabama, we met Shelley and Alex for dinner out. Before we separated Shelley offered to babysit for the weekend so I could have some much needed time alone. I called up my friend and we made plans to get pedicures and go to dinner. I was super excited. 

On Saturday, I dropped the kids off at Tom and Shelley's for an overnight and headed out with my friend. It was a great evening. We got our toes done and were enjoying some nice drinks and yummy appetizers when in walks my husband! I guess he had orchestrated this whole thing. I had no idea. 


He took me out to dinner at the Melting Pot (Yum) and then surprised me even more by not taking me home and instead taking me here. 



It was a wonderful surprise. The kids were even surprised when Dad showed up to pick them up the next day. What a great anniversary present. I am such a lucky girl. Happy 11 years babe! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment