Friday, September 4, 2015

Bookshelf redo

So I'm going to show off a little bit. When we re-did Josh's room, we were also going to re-do the den and turn it into an art room for Daniel. We had two bookshelves in the den that needed to be removed. I found a picture on Pinterest of a nightstand that was painted with a baseball theme that I thought would look good in Josh's room and I had a few bookshelves that needed to be moved so I thought that would be a good idea. 3 months later, I think it turned out pretty well. Plus it was a practice run for me painting our bathroom vanity for that remodel. 

I took it out to the garage where it sat for quite some time. 


Then I primed it. (A little too much primer)



Then I painted three coats of white paint. Looking pretty good.



Then I ran into some trouble. I thought I could get the baseball stitching by using a paint pen. All that did was blob paint all over the place. So I bought a can of red paint and used a brush to hand paint them on.

I think it turned out pretty well.


And I love the reading space under his bed. It really makes the room look put together. 



1 comment: