One of my struggles as a stay at home mom is to find daily activities that don't include watching TV. I try to get Daniel out of the house as much as possible but we can only to the same park so many times. Today, I decided to take us to the Downtown Aquarium. We have been before but it has been over a year and I figured we could make a day out of it.
Patrick got to try out a new stroller (smaller and easier to take in crowded places). He was a little small for it but with some added padding behind the strap, it worked just fine.
This is Daniel standing in front of a 250 lb grouper. It was a huge fish.
He thought the stingrays were more entertaining.
We also caught a mermaid show where we learned about keeping the ocean clean. It was also a popular day for school field trips, which made this part of the aquarium very crowded.
Daniel also got his picture taken with the mermaids. He is a little shy around the ladies now but I have a feeling that will change in the future.
It was a good day one hour spent at the aquarium. Apparently the low lighting mixed with the tight spaces was too much for this three year old. He had me carry him partway through the aquarium, which was interesting with a stroller. Of course the next day he wanted to go back to the aquarium and assured me he would not get scared anymore.





No comments:
Post a Comment