Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sports Saturday

With two boys in sports this fall, our Saturdays consist of running from one game to the next (with as much college football on TV as allows). This Saturday was no exception.



Josh had a flag football game in the morning. This is his forth season and (brag alert) he is getting pretty good. He ran for two touchdowns, threw for one, and caught a touchdown pass.




We are still working on defense (he tends to run along with the ball carrier rather than pulling the flags) but he is making improvements in that area as well. He didn't really get much practice this weekend as he was mostly on offense.


Daniel is in his first season of soccer. I thought this would be a good sport to start with since all you have to do is run and try to get a ball in a net. He doesn't have the natural talent or focus that Josh has when it comes to sports. He is "that kid" during the soccer game that doesn't follow the group going after the ball.


He did improve from his first game and I think we only had one somersault incident this time.


He even got in on the action a few times.

My Saturdays are busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. As my minivan shows, I am a soccer (sports) mom (although I have yet to dawn the picture button but that will come in time).


No comments:

Post a Comment