Friday, October 19, 2012

Iowa Visit

We made a visit to Iowa for some much needed relaxation over the boy's fall break. We were able to squeeze in visits with family and still had time to just hang out, which is a rarity on these trips.



The boys enjoyed beer (or cream soda, depending on age) during the Monday Night Football game...



while Patrick got some good Grandma time in.

Since two of Joe's favorite things are pizza and beer, we try to make a trip over to Backpocket for lunch when we are in Iowa. This trip was no exception. We drove over with Grandma and met Aunt Becca, Jonah, Uncle Bob, and Whitney for lunch.

Good thing it was during the afternoon on a Tuesday as we took up almost an entire table, and my kids like to run around the restaurant. I highly recommend going here for dinner. They make a really good pizza and I guess the beer is pretty good, too.


Look at this cutie pie!

I don't know if my dad is trying to tell me something as somehow Becca got mug #1 and Joe and I are in the 200's. Outta sight, outta mind? Just kidding.





We drove down to the Kolona Cheese factory after lunch. I didn't get any pictures inside as it was more of a store than a factory but I did take this fun one when we got there. Daniel managed to fall asleep during the 30 minute drive and it shows off the art he did on the way over to Iowa City. I guess he is used to color wonder markers that don't write on anything but special paper so went a little crazy when given the "real" thing.



This one isn't from our trip but it is a really cute picture of the two of them with their gorgeous blue eyes. 

Thanks for the great visit everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad about the mugs...we went back to Backpocket on Saturday and I tried to order a drink in my mug - mug #1, right? Well, it turns out my mug is #218. Jake has mug #1. I'm not sure why they brought me #1 on Tuesday??

    ReplyDelete